Sunday 9 October 2011

Third Format of Presentation - Independant Study (Week 11)

I have chosen my third presentation format to be Crysis Wars. A game engine that will enable the user to explore and roam the concepts of Fallingwater - Reinvisioned. This format allows me to edit the terrain to how I want it to be, enabling me to replicate the surroundings of Fallingwater. Crysis also allows me to build my own architecture within the engine, allowing for a broad range of tools available to show to the user what the reinvention of Fallingwater will be.







As you can see from these examples, Crysis can simulate real-time environments. Allowing it to be accurately modelled and then modified. In relation to my project, I can use Crysis engine to make my environment and building, and then I allow the use to run around and explore the building, rather than having blueprints and drawings. The user can explore and feel the building out himself, without having to imagine it in their mind.

Restrictions is the technology, if Crysis runs on a low quality computer, the graphics and the feel of the game wouldn't be as high as it could be, thus not allowing the full potential of the Engine. I can program AI (Artificial Intelligence) to stand around the building, talking to each other to simulate the large open spaces where people are meant to converse and talk.


Test Model.



No comments:

Post a Comment